why am i experiencing too much noise at high ISO?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Questions thread
jojo81
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
Re: why am i experiencing too much noise at high ISO?
In reply to Tanveer Tomal, Feb 14, 2013

Tanveer Tomal wrote:

I use a nikon D90.... lenses hv been used without filter. i m getting too much noise at ISO of 1600 or higher. the max ISO is 3200 bt the noise level is too high.

is it because there's too much dust? what is the solution? i'v also never cleaned my lenses or the body mount thing ( i dnt knw whts it called) wht to do? how to reduce noise?

please let me know

How much noise is "too much" it's completely subjective, and without any images we can't see what level of noise you're dealing with.  As has been mentioned, you can not change how your sensor deals with ISO using any kind of filter.  Turning off any in-camera tricks it might be doing  and returning to the RAW might be a good idea just in case.

Finally, don't give up on your images, I thought this one was a wasted shot, but i posted it up on HERE just in case, and the difference with a bit of post processing is remarkable.

jojo81's gear list:jojo81's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow