What has happened to Nikon?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sutto
Regular MemberPosts: 352
Like?
Exactly
In reply to Shotcents, Feb 14, 2013

That was my story, except I was too scared to buy either of those cameras.  All my friends had issues with them and here in Australia we have no return policy.  They told me of weeks with no camera whilst they were getting repaired, then having them back from Nikon service, with apparently no improvement.  I did not want to shell out all that dough on a camera I had no confidence in.  The D600 felt like a piece of plastic junk.

I travel Asia 6 months of the year and no way wanted to be stuck with something that needed servicing in Myanmar or Cambodia.  I ended up getting a mint D3x to accompany my D700.  A marvelous camera that reeks of quality and instills me with confidence.   If I get mugged over there I can bash them  with the D3x - swing it on the strap like a weapon - then go on taking pic's with it, ha ha.

As far as I am concerned, I am happy now using these 'older' incarnations for the next few years until Nikon sort their game out.  If it is good enough for Karl Grobl to use them http://karlgrobl.com/blog/ (he recently bought 2 D3s bodies), then its certainly good enough for me.

Good luck on sorting out the issues with the 800.

Sutto

philipsuttonphotography.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow