Olympus trys to Calm our fears once more

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,824Gear list
Like?
Look down the barrel of the lens...
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Feb 14, 2013

Craig from Nevada wrote:

The words from an owner or general manager of a struggling professional sports team in the US that "the coach's job is secure" are the surest sign the coach is going to be fired and soon.

The Olympus story gives me the same feeling.

One silly rumor puts the company in spin control. Things sound serious.

You are free to choose to read it that way, with the glass half empty as it where.  Lord knows we have a camp of "nay-sayers" that seem to come in with that or a similar line.  It grows more tiresome with each iteration.

There are numerous product manufacturers and lines out there to choose from.  No single such manufacturer will meet the needs of the entire photography base, but chances are one or more out there will meet the needs of an individual.

You are correct, a silly rumor was placed and before long it was bought into by more than a few.  Such is the world of human nature.  The company responded to this baseless rumor, and as a responsible business who should be about protecting and more importantly servicing their customer base, that was the only sound option immediately available (and yes you can argue whether the customer base is being serviced, that is in the eye of the beholder).

I have no idea what the future holds for Olympus, of for any other manufacturer, or for anything for that matter, and that suits me just fine.

Sometimes the glass can be half full, even if we don't know where that glass will end up.   Speaking of glass, mine is attached to my camera body....time to get back to photography.  Lighten up and enjoy the challenge of life behind the viewfinder. :-D

Roger.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow