Are Nikon production lines being sabotaged? (RE: impact damge)

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
rayman 2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,136
Like?
Re: Are Nikon production lines being sabotaged? (RE: impact damge)
In reply to ADMint, Feb 14, 2013

ADMint wrote:

abcdefghijklmnop wrote:

ADMint wrote:

I don't know what Nikon is doing, as I've not used their repair service recently, but I'm reading too many of these "impact" warranty stories and begin to wonder if Nikon's service centers are trying to make money off of items that should qualify for free repairs.

If this is true, and as prevalent as it looks, I suggest people get together with all their facts and file a complaint with the Attorney Generals in the states where Nikon's service centers are denying claims. This clearly sounds to me like Nikon is fraudulently voiding people's warranties by claiming the item was dropped when it wasn't.

However if you really did drop the item, well.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

There was an individual making a similar compliant about Nikon and false impact damage on here sometime back. One of the photos he supplied of his impact free lens showed the plate where the lens foot mounted twisted badly. But he was very adamant that he never abused the lens.

When it comes to the Internet, I take very little as fact.

I think it's safe to say that there are a lot of falsities out there... in short people lie. I get it.

That said, let's not bury our heads in the sand and act like Nikon isn't doing these things either. There are claims all over the place, here and elsewhere, about this issue. There have also been articles written by reputable people and sites about Nikon's poor support, and QA issues, so lets not lay it all at the customer's feet either. That would be lying to yourself.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

In the past few years i have only had quality issues with the rubber grips on the cameras that I have and they have been replaced at no charge......

Peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow