Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kev777zero
Senior MemberPosts: 1,476Gear list
Like?
LA-EA2: focus technique for action shots
Feb 14, 2013

I was taking some pictures today for an event in which there were people dancing and moving around. And with LA-EA2 on my NEX-5R the focus was fast, but I had a hard time focusing on what I intend to focus on.

So I was wondering what might be a good technique for focusing for action shots? I thought about sticking with center focus but putting the subject's face at the center of each image just ruins my composition, and I was worried that if I composed after I focused onto the target there's going to be a slight misfocus.

Choosing focus for each shot would also not work out, as I can't touch select my focus spot like when using E-mount lenses.

Or would object tracking be helpful in this situation? It was useless with E-mount lenses but not sure about that when using LA-EA2 and A-mount lenses.

kev777zero's gear list:kev777zero's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX5R Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
NEX5R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow