Sony RX100 + what for the long end?

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,356Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony RX100 + what for the long end?
In reply to Undah, Feb 14, 2013

Undah wrote:

I'm picturing taking the RX100 on an upcoming trip, but want to add something for the long end.

I can see doing this + Nikon V1 with 30-110mm (80-300mm) both would fit easily in a small bag. This would be a lot smaller than my a57+70-300G.

What else do you have or would you consider? Maybe a 4/3 cam with 40-150mm lens (80-300 equiv)? Which 4/3 cam would you choose?

I'm not considering NEX, because I'm looking at smaller.

Congrats on acquiring a RX100.

Does it matter if you are wanting to go light on your upcoming trip? If yes, why not just carry the RX100?

But if you also want to carry another small camera, your idea of the Nikon V1 with 30-110 is a good match.

Otherwise, look at the Micro Four Thirds cameras from Oly or Panny. They have many small profile compacts that will compliment your RX100. Just that you are now getting in to another system camera, and that means more lenses, accessories, etc. and more bulk and weight to your travel kit. Or there are many fine bridge cameras with very long telephoto range.

I would skip the Four Thirds cameras. It's dead system and will soon go away.

Good luck in your quest to find a sensible combination of a camera that is worthy to pair with the RX100 for your upcoming trip.

Regards.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow