Selling my OM-D and returning to 60D

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
growers
Regular MemberPosts: 222Gear list
Like?
Re: This never fails to amaze me - why do some folks feel...
In reply to Ben Herrmann, Feb 14, 2013

Ben Herrmann wrote:

...compelled to have to post something on line, announcing to the world that they are leaving a particular brand behind - in other words, a formal goodbye? I see this from time-to-time on all of the forums (representing all brands). You wonder why they feel the need to do this - whether they rationalize this as expressing an opinion or not.

Do the OP's expect that perhaps, someone will magically talk them out of their decision (because deep down inside they don't really want to discard the equipment)? Or, is it some fleeting, last minute inkling to "smack" the brand they're leaving with some mildly disparaging remarks about performance levels, color, etc? Gosh, who knows...

What is interesting to note (and it occurs in all of these scenarios) is that when some forum members wind up responding with perhaps less than flattering remarks, the OP's gets offended. Well, what in the hell did you expect? That just maybe someone will talk you out of it, orrrrrr - or, on the other side of the spectrum, to maybe, stir up the irk of some of the readers who may disagree with your performance analysis?

Ya gotta love this. I'm gonna sit back with a glass of wine and just watch this one proceed to its logical conclusion. Let's see now, what will it be - a nice Pinot Noir or a refreshing Malbec?

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Fortunately everyone's different. For example, some people would be amazed at the idea of drinking a glass of wine whilst reading an argument on an internet forum.

growers's gear list:growers's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow