Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spad16
Contributing MemberPosts: 877Gear list
Like?
Canon 6D can do birds
Feb 14, 2013

Starting a new thread, because the title of the other one was a bit silly.  In that thread Einstein333 said "The real challenge for a AF system are the birds flying in your direction or away from you ", to which I answered that I didn't think that was so difficult.  Well it was more diificult than I thought because not many of my sharp 6D photos were like that, but I did find a couple, do these count?

Black headed gull

And heres a juvenile herring gull on the way off.

Heres another bird that I forgot to post,  I've never got a photo of a Hooded crow in flight before, so I was rather pleased.

Hooded crow

Finally heres a poorer shots:

Common Merganser

The interesting thing about this one is that the time was 08:14 yesterday, sunrise was at 07:49, so really poor light, but the camera still caught it low over the water and fast, that's spectacular performance in my book!

/Neil

Spad16's gear list:Spad16's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow