Olympus trys to Calm our fears once more

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mr.NoFlash
Senior MemberPosts: 2,204Gear list
Like?
the camera business a bit like formula one racing.
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Feb 14, 2013

First: the camera business a bit like japanese formula one racing. Most companies spend money in that area and do not close the camera business, while one of the two japanese manufacturers where the camera business is the core business, is in danger.

Craig from Nevada wrote:

About the only thing we know for sure is that the imaging division is bleeding cash. The bleeding has gotten worse over the past 12 months, not better. This has to be stemmed.

Right now there are too many sellers chasing too few buyers. These buyers are tough to catch given the need to update and upgrade systems continuously.

There are short-term and long-term responses.

In the short-term, the easiest way to stem this trend is to cut the losers. I suspect that the point and shoot line is killing them. I think it is killing everyone.

I don't think they are making money on OMD. The camera is a critical success, but is it a commerical success?

I was looking for other systems. m43 is really the mirrorless market leader, m43 is the main system of 2 manufacturers where Nex is one of 2 systems of one manufacturer who has the same financial challenges as Oly and Panny. THe financial situation comes from the high yen. The Yen is currently going down. So perhaps japanese companies overcome their problems

http://de.advfn.com/waehrungsumrechner/yen-zu-dollar.html

Well testwise I bought Samsung Nx but you cannot really say Samsung nx takes market share of m43 away.

Being market leader means the business can be loss-less in the future.

Whats with 4/3 is another question. I will not buy more 4/3 lenses, I accept that the mount length was cut in half due to the turbolences, thats the future. I may buy the last 4/3 camera

-- hide signature --

cheers
Mr.NoFlash

Mr.NoFlash's gear list:Mr.NoFlash's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Leica Digilux 3 Samsung NX300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow