Olympus trys to Calm our fears once more

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 12,160Gear list
Re: Naysayers will still see doom and gloom
In reply to CollBaxter, Feb 14, 2013

CollBaxter wrote:

With n/c half hearted attempts to date to go smaller their users are getting despondent especially the APS-C group. There is a whole market out there waiting to be snapped up but it will take trust as I think a lot of trust has been lost lately in the camera market. For Olympus to kill the 4/3 I think would be a marketing disaster. To continue would be saying we are here for the long haul and we are a camera company.

-- hide signature --

(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
New Seventh Wonder of the World.

as Nikon APS-C user and knowing the lie of the land a little bit i think it would be a mistake to go for the APS-C market, most users over there who are thinking of changing systems seem to be going with either FF or m4/3rds. Most of the despondent people are the ones waiting for the D300s replacement which probably won't happen. They need a bang up to date body with a sensor that betters the OMD and be right at the front tech wise, what it doesn't need is a limp wristed model with muddled marketing. Regardless of this it is nice to see a clear statement regarding the future.

-- hide signature --

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

illy's gear list:illy's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow