Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephenbw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,454Gear list
Like?
WINNERS ** Mini Challenge #376 ~ Best of 2012 + **
Feb 14, 2013

This has been a really tough one to judge as the entries were so varied, so, as I've already mentioned, my choice is probably more subjective than ever before. Thanks to everyone who participated.

I'm sure that everyone will have their own favourites but these are the ones that I found most appealing.

The Honourable Mentions, in no particular order…

A620er ~ Erddig. I like the processing of this shot, and it reminds me of Chic's 'Risque' album cover

Erddig

Bob Blount ~ Huntington Beach. I like the subtle palette, the silhouettes and the sparkle in the splashing wave.

Averagejoe ~ Just Blue. I like the blues, the reflection in the birdbath and the capture of the exotic birds.

Colleen ~ Dancers Statue. Another capture of a bird in flight; this one mirroring the movement of the dancers. And I want to know where it came to land

Sueanne ~ My Kids. Pictures of sueanne's children are a regular, and welcome feature in this forum and this engaging portrait is no exception.

And the Winners are…

In Third Place ~ RDCollins ~ Lake George.

I love the stillness, the colours, the reflections, and the way the line of boats leads you into the picture, in this great lakescape.

In Second Place ~ RLBlur ~ Madison and dad, Jared at Riley's Farm

A beautiful combination of a charming portrait and a scenic and brilliantly coloured landscape. There's just so much to see in this shot and it all works so well.

In First Place ~ Jim B (MSP) ~ Go Ahead, Make My Day

This arresting shot of a goshawk did make my day as soon as I saw it. It's simply stunning, and I love the way it fills the frame and demands that you look at it. Truly memorable.

Well done Jim; the baton for the next Mini is passed over to you.

-- hide signature --

Stephen

Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow