Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
DonA2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,066Gear list
Like?
Re: Why no emoticons?
In reply to Roger99, Feb 14, 2013

Roger99 wrote:

DonA2 wrote:

:-(For me, I have yet to get the 'line' drawn emoticons to post as the yellow smilies and worse, they load onto the beginning of a post. Even the 'quoted' post. It will not move from there to where I want it, usually on the end.

I have one on here so we will see where it ends up. I have the latest IE10 browser, Win 7 SP1 and a fairly newish comp. Please don't respond with -- 'You should be using Chrome'. Tried it, same thing.

-- hide signature --

Don V. Armitage

That's a new weird one. You should be using Firefox.

Not so sure the browser will make much difference on this one because the new page format uses iframe containers as text editors. Not certain but it seems to me the whole edited text gets pushed away in these boxes when you hit send identically no matter the browser used. It must be an issue with the scripts running within the iframe box but then I'm really only guessing.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Just to be clear.  Windows Live Mail has 103 'emoticon' icons.  They all go where they are placed,  send and receive perfectly with no interim line drawn icons.  It simply can't be the OS or the browser creating this issue here.   I can't say this is a huge problem but if it's offered it really should work as intended.

-- hide signature --

Don V. Armitage

DonA2's gear list:DonA2's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow