Yet another "prints-darker-than-screen" but with a twist...!

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 381Gear list
Like?
Re: Yet another "prints-darker-than-screen" but with a twist...!
In reply to Gilgames, Feb 14, 2013

Setting a new default setting with brightness and contrast adjustment works well for me. I started with the printer default first and then calibration and then set the other two after testing prints in my initial trails and reset default. This can also vary from camera to camera based on camera settings and saturation settings in camera. Canon and Nikon and Fuji have different densities in their files I found as I used all 3 DSLRs. What I also like, is I can take any file indoors or outdoors with different environments like sunny or cloudy, and then adjust printers brightness software setting, one point up or down for small gains in image brightness or density while printing. Best way to work printing one print to next and doing many prints and not having to go back always to Photoshop.

Of course getting the monitor close to default with calibration is the ideal solution, if you have monitor capable of this. Dell has a new monitor online at $599 Ultrasharp which is LED 24 inch that can be set between 350 to 50 lumens (therefore 100 lumens is possible) and this may be my next purchase for my windows computer. I plan to add XPS8500 special edition CPU with i7 64bit and AMD Radeon in my next update.

Good luck.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow