Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 2,519
Like?
Diminished desire for "casual" photography...
In reply to gdourado, Feb 14, 2013

gdourado wrote:

Hello,

With the increase advancements in sensor technology and mirrorless cameras, I was wondering how many non professionals still use DSLR's as their travel cameras or just general usage cameras...

If I was a payed photo professional, doing either event shooting, sports, nature or fashion shoots, a camera with maximum speed, precision and control would be a must. But if you are just an hobbyist or an amateur, do you still feel motivated to haul around a big DSLR with lenses all day?

I was wondering because myself for instance, I really enjoy some pictures I got some time ago with my 20D and 5D, but when I think about the fact that I left the hotel in the morning with a big and heavy camera bag, only to return at night, having a big camera always hanging from either my neck or my shoulder, I wish I had taken something smaller and lighter.

What are your feelings on this matter?

Cheers!

I spose I'm a semi pro selling some prints on a small scale but besides that I find that as I'v taken photography more seriously my desire to "snapshot" has pretty much vanished.

Honiestly I don't see carrying a D800 as being any great handship when I'm after good pics and when I'm not I'd preffer to have no camera at all removing the temptation to snapshot.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow