Olympus trys to Calm our fears once more

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
WirenL
Senior MemberPosts: 1,314Gear list
Like?
Naysayers will still see doom and gloom
In reply to alatchin, Feb 14, 2013

So many are asking how a company that lost 170m last year continue with promises of future glory......

With so many other companies either investing in m4/3 or starting their own mirror less systems, I see it as Oly playing a well thought out poker bet..... you have a good thing going... infusion of fresh investments/partners, time to build even though it appears you don't have a hand and then surprise everyone with the nuts!

I think they are banking on good timing and well planned execution.  So many are buying and enjoying m4/3'rds, companies are climbing on board for parts, bodies and lenses.... why not offer a step up to those m4/3 adopters... users new and old will want the next great and better system.

If their hand is a success, they could rake in enough chips to override the previous losses and get back into a commanding position in the game.... thus making up lost ground.  It certainly won't propel them past the CaNikon giant, but they could be back to breathing down their necks.

But, if this works out for them, they'll be carrying an army of competitors right along behind them, so they will need to keep stepping up so as not to lose ground to those aiding in this hand.... This one little battle, however it pans out, won't win the war, but it will certainly be a memorable one I think.

And if they fail you ask?  Well, then the competition will sweep up the tech and the war will move on, I just think that the strategists have their plans well thought out and look forward to seeing some great gear (and hopefully some new lenses) come out of it.

I also read that a new body will come out of the latest announcements, not just the continued sale of an older model..... flame on!

-- hide signature --

Lee Wiren

WirenL's gear list:WirenL's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow