XZ-2 : Why such a scarcity of real-life samples?

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary Leland
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
Re: XZ-2 : Why such a scarcity of real-life samples?
In reply to Sunshine_boy, Feb 14, 2013

Heh Sunshine,

Saw this post the other day and didn't have time to respond.  I just got back from a FLA vacation and have some pictures to post.  Short summary in advance.  I was thrilled with the camera's handling and apparent good low light performance.  (however I did not have a computer available and had to wait till our return to see them at screen size)  The pictures look amazing on the camera back, but when I got home I was quite dissappointed.  There are so many that are just ever so slightly out of focus, the camera got close and then somehow missed.  It was disappointing because when viewed along side the sooc output from my cz8080 (2004) it is not as sharp and the artifacts are more numerous and jpegs are not as good.

I still have quite a bit to learn about this camera, and I intentionally put it in difficult lighting situations, but the camera did very well with the rest of the frame, exposure etc.  but just could not achieve the sharp focus I was looking for.  Even in good light.  I'll post a few from my 8080 to demonstrate my comparison.  I am considering a return, unless I find the workarounds quickly.  Will post this week end.

Gary

I will not have time till the week end but I will get you some images.  (hand held; sooc; JPEGs).

-- hide signature --

Gary Leland

Gary Leland's gear list:Gary Leland's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow