New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,148
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to Carolyn S, Feb 14, 2013

Carolyn S wrote:

I will run another calibration and use advanced. That should give me a better calibrated monitor? I also watched your video. Looks good!

I think the only way I will be able to do this and get a print that I think looks right will be with an adjustment layer. I did print a couple of black and whites yesterday and I am pleased with how they came out, though I did do some lightening to the image to get them to look the way I want the final image to look. So I see that adjustment layer as going to be necessary.

I will calibrate again and see what I get.

Carolyn

By doing an advanced method calibration using the setting of 80 which is the lowest possible, you are choosing the luminosity level and not rellying on the ambient light sensor.

Though it is possible reach the print you want using an adjustment layer, you have to also think about this.

I know you printer is working properly. You prooved that with you original test image you did a long time ago. Just like I spoke of and demonstrated in the first part of the printing section of my video.

Your personal images, you are sending to the printer though they obviously look correct on your monitor, are being interpreted by the printer ( Correctly ) as being darker, and therefore printer darker. So your monitor needs to be even lower in luminance so the image you see on it matches th image being printed on paper by your paper.

All of thius is assuming that you are indeed using the correct ICC paper for the paper which I know you are using Red River. And turning off color management in the Option Tab of your printer prefferences in the dirver. Just like on my video.

I'm going to email another test image. Print it with will color mangament out of PS using your RE ICC for the paper. Turn off color Management at the printer driver. DO NOT EDIT IT in any way.

You should have every step from Black to white on the step wedge. I am reffering of the Black to WIte Step wedge with indiviual steps. You should have the black step as black and the following one should be easily dissernible from the black one. The rest of the steps should follow all the way to white which should be as white as the paper bsae / border colors should look correct.

I hope this test produces a great print from this file.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow