Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tshapiro
Regular MemberPosts: 244Gear list
Like?
New MX 1 first images
Feb 14, 2013

I purchased a new silver MX-1.  It arrived yesterday.  I went for a walk and took some pictures.  I've posted them here.   They were all jpgs.   I did some post processing.  Quickly.  So, I would change some of what I've done, work on other aspects over the long haul.

My first impressions of the camera are positive.  It feels solid.  It is well made.  It is fast. I like what I see in the lens.  For such a small sensor, it crops well.  Of course, it has limitations for its genre.  But, when I compare it to previous cameras in its class that I owned, the Lx3 and the Canon G12, it is an improvement (and the two I just named are fine cameras).

Please be kind with the critique of the images.  I don't mean them to be great examples of my work.  Just the results of a first walk around with a new camera that I haven't learned yet.

I've really downsized these, the full size resolution holds up quite well.

I'm happy to respond to any questions about the MX-1.  From a personal usage question.  I'm only a pixel peeper when I'm printing large for friends and for wall display at home.  

downtown church

saint 1

downtown church

buildings

downtown church

lent

saint

tshapiro's gear list:tshapiro's gear list
Canon Pixma Pro-10 Canon Pixma Pro-100
Canon PowerShot G12 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Pentax MX-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow