Anyone Miss Their 5D (I, II, or III) after getting an OMD?

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chez Wimpy
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,789Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone Miss Their 5D (I, II, or III) after getting an OMD?
In reply to rrr_hhh, Feb 14, 2013

rrr_hhh wrote:

Please what are "stitching plates" ? I could imagine a rail allowing you to move the camera sidewards and parallel and adding a mecanism theighten and lower the rail, but plates ?

Basically a plate in place of the film holder behind a 4x5 or 8x10 camera.  There are a couple companies making them.  They have mounts for the various sub-MF digital cameras, and sliders to shoot in rows + columns for stitching.  Not sure how the NEX deals with the incidence angles with WA lenses and getting off axis... but the shallow register at least allows it (while DSLRs mechanically block the image).  Of course, just having a digital camera mounted on the back of an 4x5 means you could shoot with a (normal as a) telephoto lens with near "infinite tilt"... which is my main interest since the dedicated telephoto TS lenses we have are quite limited in DOF control.

-- hide signature --

-CW

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TORNNew
No.New
+10New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow