Olympus trys to Calm our fears once more

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 13,609Gear list
Like?
Model reduction necessary
In reply to alatchin, Feb 14, 2013

I believe that Olympus and other camera makers are losing money by continuing to try to be all things to all people.   They produce too many different models for economic success in todays market place.  They need to embrace what the North American auto industry has had to do during the past decade and stop producing an excess number of models.  Point and shoot models are endangered by camera phones in any case.

Anyway, while I have an E-3 and it performs well, I don't think I really want another camera quite that big.  As has been said by others, I prefer a smaller body.  I really liked the E-1 for size and feel in the hand.  I originally bought the OM series film cameras because of their build quality, the quality of the Olympus lenses and because of their SMALLER SIZE!!!  The size part was important to me in the mid 70s and continues to be important to me.  So I really do hope they produce a new body with the build quality of the E-1/3/5 but with a body smaller than the E-5.

Andrew

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow