Re: But....
In reply to olyflyer, Feb 14, 2013

olyflyer wrote:

Leo360 wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

TOF guy wrote:

(snip)--
Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard's problem is a lack of intimate knowledge of the way the AF works

I think he knows more about the "issue" than you do, but he seems to be a free target for flame throwers on this forum. Sad to see that even people who I respected before for their seemingly high technical knowledge joined this mob.

One reason might be that Leonard has been posting verbatim identical texts over and over again driving many people nuts. He provides no argumentation, rational or factual information beyond reciting page 100.

All those people parroting about the "AF issues" also post basically identical wrongly made "tests" to proof their pointless points. Then when Leonard comes in and post a copy of his "page 100" reference he get bashed and insulted. I wonder how many of those people actually read anything else than rumors and posts which support their own false theories. How many actually read page 100 or anything else Nikon provides in this subject?

I did. I've found also in one of the very rare factual elements provided by Leonard (a web page of the Nikon Support site) a "suitable target" used by Nikon: it is an art book totally unsuitable according to Leonard's criteria. When asked to explain the contradiction he abandoned the discussion - as usual.

Nikon has their own description of how to test the AF, yet all these people execute similarly wrong tests and draw the exact same wrong conclusion. So, while Leonard may keep repeating himself and providing no argumentation, those self appointed "testers" definitely do no better and totally ignore Nikon's advice on this.

Leonard is completely wrong, as it has been demonstrated several times here. Among the testers who found the Left AF issue there are very knowledgeable persons, while among the nay-sayers I've found none.

Cheers!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow