X100 or wait for X100s?

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
nicowestlicht
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 or wait for X100s?
In reply to John.Laninga, Feb 14, 2013

I am in a similar situation, though I already own a Fuji X-Pro1 and a Sony RX-100.

Still, what really thrills me of the X100s, is the possibility do fine manual focusing replicating the Fresnel screen functionality. Finally, a way to really determine where to put the focus without chances to make mistakes that would be only visible by looking at the pictures on a PC screen.

Fuji made a very good job, and I think that next generation of cameras will incorporate this feature, too. AF is a nice feature, but a good MF gives to the photographer much more freedom, and Fuji will make happy a lot of photographers used to analog cameras.

That said, I am looking forward to reading reviews about the X100s, because if my good impressions are confirmed, it will be definitely mine, earlier or later.

The X100 is a very good camera, but I can't justify myself for buying it when I already have the above-mentioned cameras. My opinion, of course

I'd be curious to read other impressions, too.

Cheers,
Nico Westlicht
---
www.flickr.com/photos/nicowestlicht

nicowestlicht's gear list:nicowestlicht's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow