Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhilS34
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
Moving up from SLT-A55
Feb 14, 2013

I'm new to photography but since buying my first decent camera a year ago I've learnt a lot. I've got the A55 with 18-55 kit lens and a cheap 70-300 Sigma. I'm now keen to move to something with significantly better usability (the A55 is a bit fiddly to change settings quickly) and much better image quality particulary in low light use. I'm getting the hang of better composition but am frustrated by the poor image quality i'm getting. The options I'm thinking are

1. Buy some decent lenses (doesn't solve the usability problem)

2. Upgrade to A77 and buy some decent lenses

3. Switch to Canon and buy a full frame 6D (and some decent lenses)

I'd like to go full frame Sony as I'm used to the benefits of SLT but it's too pricey. The image quality at high ISO of the 6D looks very attractive. i appreciate this forum isn't going to tell me to switch form Sony, but it might tell me why I shouldn't.

Does anyone have any advice about option 2. Would I get much better image quality from the A77 and how would it compare to the 6D?

Phil.

PhilS34's gear list:PhilS34's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha 7 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Canon EOS 6D Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow