Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,844Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Nikon D3 still a good buy?
In reply to Bajerunner, Feb 14, 2013

Bajerunner wrote:

Nhelnhel wrote:

I have an opportunity to buy a used Nikon D3 with 7,000 shutter count for $1300.00

I do general photography. Landscape, portrait and birding.I have also some old glass from Nikon and Sigma.

Is Nikon D3 still a good buy compared to the other Nikon full frame?

Thank you in advanced.

I see you 'missed out' on the 'deal'. Unless you know the seller well, that deal sounds too good to be true, add to that the 'pay into bank account' and as another poster said, its a clear red flag for something unusual.

A good condition used D3 will still command upwards of 2,000 dollars I think (check KEH for pricing). Currently an 'E' rated available for 2,199.

So that one 'offered' to you was way underpriced, has to be a reason.

Always be careful and check sources and 'story'. Unless you know the seller well, be very wary, especially putting your money into others bank accounts, sight unseen. Dont do that.

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.” I am only a hoobyist, I cannot and do not give expert advice, dont expect it, just take it as a suggestion to think about, but only if you wish to. We should try to not wait for life to happen, while it passes us by.

I agree entirely on never putting money into someone's bank account, sending it Western Union or whatever. Always do transactions face to face.

I disagree on it being too good  a deal for it to be true.  There are deals. Last spring I picked up a D3Swith 40000 shots ( not high for a D3S) for $2600. Met the photographer at her shop. Came with box and all accessories, original receipt, still under warranty, looked and performed like new. Later sold it for $3500. Last week I bought a brand new, never fired, in box, with only the body having been taken out of the wrap, with original receipt D4 for $4500. That's a $6800 body with tax where I live. Fellow bought it with the intention of selling his D3X but couldn't sell it.  I took a test shot and ran it through Opanda Shutter count - 1. So while I'm wary up front of a low price, as long as I can get an original receipt and run the camera through it's paces, then I'm all over it

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow