Anyone Miss Their 5D (I, II, or III) after getting an OMD?

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chez Wimpy
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,773Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone Miss Their 5D (I, II, or III) after getting an OMD?
In reply to Anders W, Feb 14, 2013

Anders W wrote:

When it comes to tilt, Kipon makes a tilt adapter that can be used with "legacy" lenses. Since tilt is of greater interest with longer FLs than with WAs (where DoF is usually sufficient anyway), the crop factor shouldn't be much of a problem in this case.

Unfortunately with tilt and longer focal lengths, you need more tilt to get what you want in DOF... a problem I have run into on occasion, and for which there is no completely satisfactory solution.  None of the legacy adapters I have seen go far enough in this regard (and sometimes it is limited by the lens projection even) to really compete with what "we" need the most: a useful cost-effective digital back for a large format camera.  Right now, that is a NEX camera with one of the stitching plates and a LF 300/5.6 - a solution I have considered, but ultimately put on hold given the extreme difference in cost to setup vs actual use here in my area.

-- hide signature --

-CW

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TORNNew
No.New
+10New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow