Nex 5N and Minolta MD 50mm 1.4 lowlight performance.

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
brian
Contributing MemberPosts: 975
Like?
Re: Nex 5N and Minolta MD 50mm 1.4 lowlight performance.
In reply to Tommygun45, Feb 14, 2013

Tommygun45 wrote:

Richie Beans wrote:

KingCharles wrote:

Those look nice. I have been thinking about getting one of these, but I already have the Sony 50mm f1.8 so I doubt the partial stop is worth it

Is it fairly sharp in good light? One of the first lenses I got was a Minolta MC 55mm 1.7, and while the big aperture is nice, I think the lenses aren't quite in alignment as I can't get images nearly sharp enough even in good light with high speed. This is actually why I decided to get a brand new Sony lens since I would know for a fact that it was good (not to mention AF, and OSS).

-- hide signature --

Charles

Don't you lose at least 1/2 stop throwing the NEX adapter on a lens?

And there is no glass in the adapters, they are hollow, only meant for the connection. Are you thinking about losing a stop because you read about with the new Metabones Speed Booster? That does lose you a stop because it has a lens that filters the light and focuses it on the sensor.

The Speed Booster gains a full stop of lens speed, e.g., f/1.4 becomes f/1.0.  The lens elements have highly efficient AR coatings, and no filtering is going on.

-- hide signature --

J. Brian Caldwell www.caldwellphotographic.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow