Favorite Bird Lens

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,813Gear list
Like?
My favourite too
In reply to Birdman7, Feb 14, 2013

Birdman7 wrote:

...its just so sharp and well manufactured, great weight distribution and 4th gen stabiliser.

-- hide signature --

Interested in Bird Photograhy, digiscoping or just birdwatching in Southern Spain / Morocco, go to www.aviantours.net

I think the 600/4L II is my favourite lens too. Except I have never even seen one in real life, let alone bought one. On paper though, the weight and performance seem like it's an absolute dream lens. I really hope that in a few years time I will be able to justify the cost of it.

For now I'll just enjoy my 100-400L, which is (practically speaking) my favourite lens since I own one, and practice to improve my bird photography and expand my collection of species. Come to think of it... Bird photographers are a bit like nineteenth century naturalists. Collecting bird species, trying to get the best possible specimens (i.e. best possible quality image).

Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow