Olympus trys to Calm our fears once more

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
alatchin
Contributing MemberPosts: 753Gear list
Like?
Re: Good points about size
In reply to dave gaines, Feb 14, 2013

dave gaines wrote:

You've recognized the advantages Olympus has had with small cameras from the beginning.

My first DSLR was the E-3. The E-5 is the same size body with a larger LCD screen and one less button, the battery door release. I really like the rugged, weather-proof body of the E-3/E-5. The only other Olympus to have this is the E-1. Besides that, I have large hands with long fingers so I like a big grip.

We'll have to wait and see what Olympus actually offers.

I think the biggest size advantage Olympus DSLRs have is in the telephoto lenses.

I wouldnt mind a smaller E-5/3 now mind you, not E620 size... But I can see the potential for a rethink. Maybe not as small as the E-620, as they m43rds for the absolute smallest, and not as big as an E-5/E-30... Think how many here lauded the Pentax size... Maybe that big?

To be honest I have had the E-300 and the E-3 and didnt mind either of them, I am a young man and I dont have the worry of weight (unless lugging equipment to an on-site shoot) but I do want the choice of an OVF / EVF, when I cant tell the difference (and we are close) I wont mind, but EVFs have their strengths, as do OVFs and I think, judging by everything Olympus has said, they understand that as well.

-- hide signature --

Dave

-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

alatchin's gear list:alatchin's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow