As a huge Panasonic fan, I am quite disheartened by this interview:

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,044Gear list
Like?
Re: Sad...
In reply to harry cannoli, Feb 14, 2013

Excellent thoughts, Rich. Like you, I have a shoebox full of photos. And, lots of albums. Just havent' had the heart to throw out negatives. Some photos are awful, but they have historical value. In the old days, there weren't so many options for improving a photo. You didn't have but a few shots per roll. Unless you had a darkroom, you got what the kid working the developing machine in some other city thought looked OK.

All that has changed. We've become dependent on a relatively new medium that won't likely stand the test of time. Whatever is on my computer will be deleted when I'm gone. And you know something? When you actually hold a photograph of a departed loved one, it's a little like holding them close again. That's a special feeling that glancing at a photo on a tablet just doesn't compare to. Plus, a few creases and bent corners add character.

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow