Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarceloLI
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,876Gear list
Like?
Sigma 35mm 1.4 + D600
Feb 14, 2013

I just received this afternoon the new Sigma 35mm 1.4 and I shoot some pictures at work to check what is everybody talking in the forum about sharpness and fast focus.

The lens finish is beautiful and very light, the balance perfect with the D600 + grip.

The pictures are very sharp and the AF is silent and very fast, I don't have the Nikon version of this lens so I can't compare with it.

The following are just random pictures I shoot at the office and it is not a serious review or lens test. All the pictures are hand held, no tripod, no flash.

Right Side Focus

100% crop

Right Side Focus

100% crop

Center Focus

100% crop

In this picture I used the left focus, it is off a little and it missed twice. I have to check this again with my tripod and a focus chart.

100% crop

Center Focus

100% crop

Left Side Focus

100% crop

Center Focus

I'm sorry I can't post the 100% crop of this picture, I don't want to be banned from this forum  

It is a great lens and I'll be doing a real life test tomorrow, I'll post the pictures.

Have a great day everyone.

Marcelo

MarceloLI's gear list:MarceloLI's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +19 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow