Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,145Gear list
Like?
Just Back From Mardi Gras with the K5 IIs
Feb 14, 2013

I've spent the last week in New Orleans doing photography with the K5 IIs during Mardi Gras. Had a wonderful time. Shot over 1500 frames during a five day stay.

The K5 IIs performed perfectly. No problems, no glitches, no lockups.. just good dependable photography. The weather was a bit rainy and damp but the K5 was totally unaffected. Worst case situation was Tuesday night when there was fog rolling in off the Mississippi River and I was waiting to shoot the Trolley line that rolls beside the river. The fog caused a bit of condensation on the front element of the DA* 16-50mm but I was able to keep it clear by using a bit of lens tissue. The K5 IIs is a keeper. AF was accurate and performed extremely well in very dark situations at night.

The shot below is the kind of shot I drive 8.5 hours to take. Mardi Gras is so much more than the drunkenness and flashing on Bourbon Street. This was taken with the DA*16-50mm f/2.8 ISO 200 @ 1/80s.

You Should view the original size image....

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow