Olympus trys to Calm our fears once more

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,181Gear list
Like?
Olympus assures us of a DSLR - and what size?
In reply to alatchin, Feb 14, 2013

alatchin wrote: ...

... They will probably have a body between the 620 and e-30 and a body between the e-30 and e-5 for size reduction... Both will be considered potential upgrades for m43rds users who want to access HG lenses and Olympus will continue to work on the potential One Beautiful System

Enjoy, Olympus has been as direct as I can imagine them to be.

Good comments. Thanks for the post. I actually missed that news on the home page today.

Some people understood from Toshi Terada's announcement 10 days ago (link below) that Olympus would aim for a smaller DSLR. We'll have to wait and see what he meant by " ... And also it needs to be the right size - the benefit of Micro Four Thirds and Four Thirds is compact size. ..."

For my use, I like the size and weight of the E-5. I can't see how they'd fit all of the easy access creative controls and a swivelling LCD on a smaller body that's as rugged and weather-proof as the E-5.

The Olympus announcement on 2/2/2013: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7898773566/cp-2013-interview-with-olympus-toshi-terada

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow