Senior MemberPosts: 2,401
Like?
Re: This is what's really going on
In reply to nixda, Feb 14, 2013

nixda wrote:

Ariston wrote:

Zardoz wrote:

cosmonaut wrote:

This link indicates Fuji makes their own sensor.

Quote "Fuji has a long history of innovative sensor design"

http://chromasoft.blogspot.ca/2012/05/demosaicing-fuji-x-pro1-and-its-x-trans.html

No, it doesn't. I think you've misunderstood the post.

from my understanding, it says Sony provided the sensor, Fuji worked on it and incorporated their ideas into it. it's counter-argumentative. hence, Fuji can make a claim it's theirs in another perspective.

It's been suggested before here - I can't remember quite by whom now - that, even if the X-Trans was based on a Sony sensor, and even if it was manufactured by Sony, Sony obtains a lot of semi-conductor materials from Fujifilm, so it's still Fujifilm's.

Now, what's been neglected from this line of arguments is that the silicon dioxide that said semi-conductor material is made of has been harvested in the fjords of Norway.

So, ultimately really, it's Slartibartfast who is behind the X-Trans.

I believe so. does he work for Sony or Fuji? lol.

I think the manufacturing aspect is much more on the labor cost of building the sensor rather than designing the sensor which only occurs in R&D departments and is totally separate entity from manufacturing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow