Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
elfroggio
elfroggio MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 1,930
Like?
Re: Whew!
In reply to hedwards, Feb 14, 2013

hedwards wrote:

You were wrong and probably a bit on the stubborn side, but I don't see anything here that should result in a ban. Ultimately, we need people to post these sorts of controversial things from time to time to make sure that we're still correct in our thinking.

The problem is that if the mods start banning people for topics like this, we run the risk of getting further and further off as there's no countervailing force to keep things accurate.

Then again, I'm not a mod here, so my opinion carries no wait in those decisions.

I'm one of the moderator and in this case I think that I can speak for both of use Jeff and myself.

We (both of us) have no problem with controversial topics. We have no allowance for:

• not be polite
  • not be civil
  • not be offensive
  • not be malicious
  • not be antagonistic

You can prefer and argue for loving DxO or JPEG vs RAW. It's OK for you prefer a Nikon even in a Canon forum... You can't insult people, you can't call them names...

What's so complicated about these simple rules? BTW, these rules are at the top of entry form.

-- hide signature --

Thanks
http://www.foto-biz.com
The Business of Being a Photographer -- Lightroom Q&A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow