Landscape camera

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
lukep
Senior MemberPosts: 1,897
Like?
Big Sur
In reply to Robin Casady, Feb 14, 2013

Man i have almost that same shot from Big Sur just this past august- love that place.  I took it with the D200 and 105vr - i didnt have the D600 at that time.  Ill post it up if i remember later but that is a great place to shoot

Robin Casady wrote:

sd40 wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

Naw, go with the D800E. It has more advantages than just resolution.

Are all those poor deluded people who have settled for the D600 wrong?

Of course.

In this case it would at least appear to have the advantage of helping to stay within budget, which I notice many of the responses above do not.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

There are number of advantages to the D800E besides higher resolution. It has an AF-ON button. It has a wider spread of AF points. It is better built. It doesn't spew debris on the sensor...

No commentary above about a combination of the D600, the 16-35, a decent alternative to the 24-70, and whatever 70-XXX floats your boat.

The post I replied to said nothing about the 24-70 or 70-XXX. It was about the PC-E 24mm and 45mm.

How do you see a 16-35 being a substitute for a 24-70? The D600 is not DX.

That last is particularly conspicuous given that the tele end may be of less importance to a landscape shooter.

Maybe. I often use long lenses for landscapes.

D800E, 300mm f/4

D800E, 210mm

A cynic would conclude that the urge to spend money to demonstrate one's prowess is irresistible. You know--D800E and the holy trinity. If there is a valid reason to spring for that money, it has not been shown here.

And a wise man would say that if you are going to spend $8,000 on a system it is foolish to cheap out on the heart of the system.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow