Wow!! My first run in with Canikon snob...

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
BrewLab
Contributing MemberPosts: 603Gear list
Like?
Re: Just a little follow up...
In reply to BrewLab, Feb 13, 2013

First, in retrospect, I probably could have worded the title to this thread differently. Perhaps, "My first experience with camera bias" or something similar. Given that and the fact that this thread is getting longer, some newcomers may not have read all that was posted earlier, so I just want to say again that I have no issue with any particular brand. As much fun as it is discussing and comparing gear, at the end of the day it's all about the photos, and I think we all can agree on that.

There are certainly "snobs" associated with every brand and without knowing the context of my interaction with the aforementioned a**hat, my response could be perceived as no better than his initial comment. But I'm being honest when I say his tone raised my ire a bit. Generally, I try and diffuse things with humor, as in this case. It didn't work too well with my ex-wife, and I don't know if it did or didn't with this guy, but it gave me a chuckle rather than stand there being angry, and I thought it might give other folks a chuckle, too, so I passed the story along.

To those who have mentioned the 12fps burst, that was meant more as an exclamation point to my (what I thought was) humorous retort, not necessarily an example of the old "spray and pray". And although I don't use it all the time, it certainly does have it's purpose and can be used quite effectively. Like they say, "Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it."

I'm glad to see some Canon, Pentax and Nikon shooters on here, too. It's been great fun reading everybody's stories and hopefully nobody's feathers got too ruffled in the process. That certainly wasn't my intent.

And for the record, I do have a couple of friends that are Canon shooters and a couple that shoot Nikon, one of whom I KNOW thinks his camera is better than mine...LOL! Who knows...maybe he's right

Cheers!!

BrewLab's gear list:BrewLab's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W150 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow