Do you "feel"yourself a lesser photographer with your RX100?

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
harry cannoli
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,293Gear list
Like?
Re: Truth be told..
In reply to Moti, Feb 13, 2013

Moti wrote:

harry cannoli wrote:

With a long white lens the unwashed masses clear a path for me. They shower me with the adoration and with all the respect I deserve. A real photographer.

Not so much when I'm out with my compact.

Well my friend, you got the wrong compact. I get much more attention and respect now when I go out shooting with my little silver old timer looking OMD than what I used to get with my big white Canon lenses because people think that I am still using a film camera, and that makes me feel good.

I would be impressed, too. The OMD is one fine camera.

And OT, I just came back from the carnival in Venice where I exclusively shot with the OMD and in view of the results, I'm selling now the rest of my Canon gear. Honestly, the OMD is the most exciting camera I ever had, in all respects.

I'm holding off selling my DSLR gear until I find a really good m43 wildlife solution. I don't have a problem spending $6000 for a good, long m43 prime lens, once they make that lens. There are good 4/3 long lenses, but I'm waiting for m43. m43 would do me fine, except for wildlife, which is a big part of what i do.

My best wishes to you and yours.

Cheers

Moti

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Rich
ice nine photography
Take only photographs, leave only footprints.

harry cannoli's gear list:harry cannoli's gear list
Olympus C-700 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 350D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow