A walk around town.

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,148Gear list
Like?
What software I use.
In reply to Pimpleportrait, Feb 13, 2013

I always start in Nik Software, Color Efex Pro, to get it to the best color shot I can, and only then move it into Silver Efex Pro for the conversion.  If you have never used any of the Nik Software, you can go online and see the videos of how other use the software.  I don't know if you can look at all of the training with out owning the software, but they have many videos showing the results of people who do use this software.  When you open their software in L.R., P.S. you get several different thumb nails showing many different effects already set up.  If you looked at these and didn't want to go any deeper your done. Or, you can start with these and go deeper into the effects of working with this software. As with film, they also have color filters that you can play with.  Best of all for us who used to shoot film, they have 18 different films listed that this software will copy the effect of.  Makes you digital image look like it was shot using Tri-X, ect.  I really like it as I used to work in a wet darkroom set up in my house.  I can turn out better b&w than I could ever do in that darkroom.

For my color work, everything now gets kissed in Color Efex Pro.  I have favorite setting saved, and most often I only have to open my photo and then save it as the effect takes place by just opening it in the software and it opens at the last settings used.  Hope that helps.

www.photosbypike.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow