Question for Destination Wedding Photogs

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vegasluvr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,102Gear list
Like?
Re: Question for Destination Wedding Photogs
In reply to Trent Gillespie, Feb 13, 2013

In my contract we specifically state the bride and groom is responsible for any fees, taxes or other expenses related to the event. This includes permits to shoot at certain venues. As an example, in Laguna Beach, they  require a permit to shoot at their beaches and other beachgoers are allowed to roam the beach too so there will be strangers in the background of the images.

I have contacts with certain exclusive hotels so even if I am not their 'registered' photographers, I can bypass these fees. BUT the bride and groom is responsible for these fees. We are the house photographers for major hotels in Hawaii and in S. California.

In the future, specifically state that ALL fees including airfare, hotel and food are to be paid by the bride and groom. This is their event not yours so you should not be putting up any money for their wedding. This is why you always get a deposit to cover your expenses. Usually 35% to 50% is normal.

Vegasluvr's gear list:Vegasluvr's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow