Sent NEX 5N in for repair of screen coating & they also replaced shutter unit!

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
SandyKHo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,505Gear list
Like?
Re: Sent NEX 5N in for repair of screen coating & they also replaced shutter unit!
In reply to Philip Corlis, Feb 13, 2013

Philip Corlis wrote:

Good news for you! I have been critical of Sony's attitude towards customers but I find myself needing to change my tune. The recent firmware upgrade for the (my) 5N and stories like yours let me know I need to lighten up and cheer them on.

-- hide signature --

Phil
www.PhilCorlis.com
www.FindingBritain.com

I am more than thrilled, because they didn't have to replace the shutter....I had no idea it was even going bad. They could have returned the camera to me with the lcd screen repaired, and then a month later after the warranty ran out the shutter could have died.  I had also been dreading doing the firmware upgrade...they make me nervous when I have to do them.  That's been taken care of, too.  I feel very fortunate.

-- hide signature --

God gave us an incredible world. See it, hear it, Touch it, taste it, smell it, PHOTOGRAPH IT!

SandyKHo's gear list:SandyKHo's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD780 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-5N Canon EOS 70D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow