Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876Gear list
Like?
Metabones Speedbooster: please recommend a good WA FF lens
Feb 13, 2013

The Metabones SpeedBooster now gives a lot more possibilities for wide-angle photography. I don't have experience with FF lenses, so I am hoping for some input here.

What would be a good lens to try to get a hold of that could compete in terms of IQ with the best Fujinon X, and presumably the upcoming Zeiss lenses, and would provide a similar or wider field of view than the 12mm Zeiss (rectilinear, no fisheye)?

I am particularly interested in well-performing manual (focus & aperture) prime lenses, but wouldn't want to rule out any other decent lenses.

As a reminder, Metabones has released, or is planning to release, the Speedbooster for Leica R,  Nikon F with manual aperture for G lenses, Contax C/Y, Contarex and Rollei.

If you could describe why you recommend a particular lens that would be greatly appreciated. For example, what about corner sharpness, vignetting, color distortions, etc.?

Thanks so much in advance!

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow