569 vs 539 T3i Kit Prices? Which Is Better?

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Re: Check around
In reply to heyitsablackguy, Feb 13, 2013

heyitsablackguy wrote:

Midwest wrote:

heyitsablackguy wrote:

I plan to use it for video too. Most of my footage will be video based. I was just asking if the 50mm would do the trick. One more question. I found one for 519.00 w/o the warranty ( warranty runs for 79.00 ) at this shop on ebay. Looks pretty good, but it's refurbished. Would that be a better buy? Thanks.

If you buy a refurbished camera, either buy it from an established reliable store (Adorama is one, I'm sure) or else directly from Canon's web site. Trade in any old Canon camera - however cheap or broken - and you get a nice discount % from Canon. A $20 broken camera can save you $100 or more.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

You just answered my question. Appreciate it.

You trade any old Canon camera, working or not, film or digital, for a refurbished Canon camera at a 20% discount from the refurbished price with the Canon Loyalty Program.  More info here:  Canon Loyalty Program FAQs   This is how I bought my current camera (Canon 7D) and I can highly recommend the CLP.  The refurb cameras are indistinguishable from brand new.  You have a 14 day no questions asked return policy and a 90 day Canon warranty.  All that you need to know about the CLP is in the post at the link above and Canon does not have any info on it on-line.  You just call the 800 number and deal with them over the phone.  If you do not have a trade-in, they are available on e-bay for $10-$20.  Just look for any listing that says "For Parts".

Right now, the Canon Direct Store is showing the Canon T3i in stock with the 18-55mm IS lens.  The refurb price is currently $560 for the kit, so the CLP price would be $448 and if you did not want to keep the 18-55mm IS kit lens they are easy to sell for $100-$115, so you can easily get a good as new T3i body for $348.

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow