Monopod for 70-200 f/2.8 IS II

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Phillip Tornero
Contributing MemberPosts: 599Gear list
Like?
Re: Monopod for 70-200 f/2.8 IS II
In reply to mbernard, Feb 13, 2013

Hello all. I recently have discovered the many advantages of using a good quality carbon fibre monopod in combination with a aracnatech ball head. I would like to say that while yes, it is important to purchase the most sturdy tripod a person can afford, preferably a set of carbon fibre legs and a good quality ball head to be certain. But for me, also lately i cannot be thankful enough for the use of my monopod. I too have the canon 70-200mm non IS Mark1 as well as the 70-200mm f/4 non IS, and use my monopod rather than my tripod legs, which are also carbon fibre, by the way, at  any opportunity that presents itself. It is a small lightweight unit that is breeze to carry, goes sometimes where my tripod cannot go, and also is packable while traveling. In my opinion more use should be stressed on the monopod first, and then tripod next. for those of you just starting out in photography, get  to experence the advantagesof a good monopod. It can be a rewarding experence for you.

Phillip Tornero's gear list:Phillip Tornero's gear list
Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow