Opinions on Sigma 30 and 19mm lenses in general

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
howielenny
Contributing MemberPosts: 679Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinions on Sigma 30 and 19mm lenses in general
In reply to Jere Landis, Feb 13, 2013

The Sigmas are faster and have edge to edge sharper image quality. Also they will have better subject isolation (Bokeh). I have these two lenses and am extremely happy with the image quality from them. I only have one zoom (12-50mm kit lens). I also own the Panasonic 14mm and Olympus 45mm.
I prefer primes purely because it makes me think more as a photographer and also by moving to a fixed focal length say 19mm, it will look different to zooming to the same position. For me buying both these primes for £150 second hand is more beneficial to me than using my 12-50mm zoom in most scenarios.  The reason I keep my 12-50mm is because it's weather sealed, has the great power zoom and a decent macro facility. Also to be fair to it, the image quality is pretty decent as well.
Howie

howielenny's gear list:howielenny's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow