TAMRON 70-300MM VC - Do I have a good copy?

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,183Gear list
Like?
Re: TAMRON 70-300MM VC - Do I have a good copy?
In reply to Brev00, Feb 13, 2013

Brev00 wrote:

Sometimes, it is hard to tell exactly what an op is doing even with images and exif. In this case, we don't know how far he is from the tree which will effect depth of field. According to the dof calculator here: http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html , he actually has less than an inch at 10 feet (using my D90--he can substitute his own camera). Stopping down to f 11 buys you around one more inch of total dof. So, you are definitely on target with your point.

I think even though the vc is great on this lens, it is still best to put it on a tripod if one is testing sharpness and focus. Use a remote release. Try to take the human part out of the equation as much as possible. Make sure one is in af-s with af and also try mf, too. I find nudging the af a bit on this lens with an mf adjustment can help with close, precise focusing.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

The OP has a D7000. Not sure if it has live view & 10x function, but that would ensure spot on focus.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow