Olympus M. Zuiko Digital 40-150mm f/4-5.6 at B&H for $99.

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
iharley
Regular MemberPosts: 223Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus M. Zuiko Digital 40-150mm f/4-5.6 at B&H for $99.
In reply to richj20, Feb 13, 2013

richj20 wrote:

iharley wrote:

What do you all think of this lens on a Pany body? I've got a G3 and looking for a little more reach. I know I wouldn't have any IS option, but if shooting during the day handheld I should be fine, right? And a tripod for anything else? What do you think?

I use this lens on a Panasonic G3. I'm able to get pretty consistent hand held results using the reciprocal of focal length x2 -- that is, 1/320 sec @150mm

From 100mm and shorter, my results are almost always perfect outdoors. I don't use the lens hand held in low light.

I normally use shutter priority mode to make sure the shutter speed doesn't drop below 1/320. Sometimes, 1/400.

Here are some photographs taken with the G3 and this lens:

http://www.urs2.net/rsj/photo/imgs/40-150

The suggestion to consider the Panasonic 45-150mm is not without merit, because of the OIS. It's also on sale ($199, silver)at B&H

regards,

Richard

-- hide signature --

"Careful photographers run their own tests." - Fred Picker

Thanks for posting your photos and your experience with the lens, really appreciate it. Looks like the 45-150mm Panasonic is pretty good. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what do you think of it vs. the 45-200?

iharley's gear list:iharley's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Apple Aperture Topaz Adjust
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow