From Canon 5D mk2 to Nikon D600 - experience

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nanospeed1
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: From Canon 5D mk2 to Nikon D600 - experience
In reply to ZAnton, Feb 13, 2013

ZAnton:

This is one of the rare objective comparison of Canon vs. Nikon cameras. Or trying to be really unbiased and based on real-world personal comparison. Thank you for sharing this with us, it was very interesting to read indeed esp. because you had been a long-time Canon user.

I´m in a Nikon camp now but can appreciate Canon´s advantages too, such as probably the currently best AF system of 5DmkIII, very good JPEG engine, finally a radio-controlled system flash, some really excellent gems/lenses like 135/f2, 70-200/f4, 85/f1.2 etc. I can see Nikon´s "bads" as well: Shame on Nikon for the dust issue of D600 or initial left-AF issues of D800 body - this (hopefully just temporar) flop in quality control shouldn´t happen. Nikon service leaves also a lot to be desired (based on statistical experience of many customers).

But in essence, just because e.g. 5D mark III has arguably the best AF system today doesn´t mean that Nikons 51points CAM3500 AF module - the best in the past few years - is now totally sub-par and almost unusable as many fanboys put it. Same with the "colors" issue etc. etc. - exactly like you said. Many very exaggerated BS & myths floating around :-).

I think today you can buy well from both Nikon and Canon - both camps have some pros and cons, you name it. Depending what you prefer and what you emphasize in photography, you may end up either in Nikon or Canon camp.

Nanospeed1's gear list:Nanospeed1's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow