your thoughts

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
DigitalPhilosopher
Contributing MemberPosts: 721
Like?
Re: your thoughts
In reply to Brev00, Feb 13, 2013

The composition doesn't work for me. I think it draws attention away from the tattoo and a beautiful woman, into the intensely-colored gloves. As a result, the focus is diluted between her, her tattoo, and her gloves. Are we seeing a photo of her? Of her tattoo? or of her boxing gloves? There has to be a "semantic" focusing point here - if you want to take photos of ​her​, then it should be about her. If you need to emphasize she's a boxer, then the composition has to be more clearly about this (compared to what it is now)

I recently shot photos for a client who wanted pics of her tattoo. (I wish I could show you examples but I don't want to publish her photos). Although I did start with some photos focusing on the tattoo, half-way through the session I thought "OK, let's forget about the tattoo and focus on the person". It worked. I got some amazing photos of her, with some really meaningful expressions, and the tattoo ​is ​actually present in several of them. She was ecstatic with the result (and I with her of course).

My point is, based on my personal experience, we must always focus on the person, first and foremost - ​if that is the main subject. Any extra elements in the scene will come along almost by themselves.

-- hide signature --

Check my blog for reviews, tips & tutorials:
Amateur Nikon
Follow me on Twitter:
@amateurnikon

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow