X20- where is built?

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659Gear list
Like?
Re: X20- where is built?
In reply to Valentinian, Feb 13, 2013

Valentinian wrote:

I have an E-M5 and am pretty happy with it. However I am disappointed that only later, after investing in three lenses (built in Japan), I found out that the E M-5 was built in China. had I known that in advance would have seriously considered another camera. ... or maybe I would have decided to buy it anyway. But that was then, this is now. Now am considering to buy a Fuji X20 as a second camera, and really hope that the final review will say where it is built. This time would like to know it in advance. and if I am prejudiced, well, please let me be. thank you

I did  work with Japanese company and the experience was terrible. It was run by a bunch of clueless corporate baboons in a kingdom like fashion. Nobody could do anything without a manager aproval, nobody could suggest anything to managers and even if we were doing wrong thing and the low level people agreed, nobody could say anything to the people in charge - and the managers would not talk to us about any technical aspects only with japanese counterparts. And to make thing even more funny they all thought that they can do things far better than anybody else.

You know sometimes a chinese factory where you tell them what to do and they do it right without months of useles discussion is not that bad thing.   Maybe that's why things in china are improving daily and getting worse in japan?

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow