Was I sold some snake oil ?

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Questions thread
PreetinderBajwa
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Was I sold some snake oil ?
In reply to hotdog321, Feb 13, 2013

Hi hotdog321,

I was thinking more on the lines of saving the glass element, and after spending money on two 2.8L glasses I thought another few bucks won't be a big deal but a scratch on the glass would absolutely kill me

A poor man wants to protect his few assets

The polarizer and variable ND filter are next on my list of things to purchase, I used to own the cokin square filters with filter adapter, so I could use one filter in any lens.... now with Digital it seems you need to get one filter for each lens filter thread and with a 24-70, 70-200, 50 and 85mm lens I need 4 different filters sizes of each filter type :'-(

But I will slowly build the set

Cheers

hotdog321 wrote:

I've read repeatedly that digital cameras do not have a problem with UV--that it is more of an issue with film cameras. I don't think this was a good use of your hard-earned bucks.

Personally, I would put on the lens hood and leave any filters off unless I was shooting in the rain, blowing spray, sand, etc. Maybe invest in a circular polarizer.

-- hide signature --

If money was not an issue for a lifetime - what would you be doing instead of what you do now ?

PreetinderBajwa's gear list:PreetinderBajwa's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow